JOB TITLE: Production Supervisor – 2nd Shift
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The Production Supervisor is responsible for the training, evaluating and retaining manufacturing employees, as well as coordinating activities to achieve the highest level of quality and efficiency. The Production Supervisor is required to achieve schedule compliance and manage costs to avoid margin erosion as a result of manufacturing practices.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily supervision of manufacturing personnel in assigned areas.
- Ensure facilities are “customer ready” at all times by maintaining good housekeeping practices.
- Ensure adherence to procedures, policy, and regulations.
- Monitors the activities in the workplace to assure safe and healthful conditions for workers; identifying and addressing hazards immediately.
- Ensure training requirements for employees is conducted and documented in a timely manner.
- Monitor daily resource schedules, 300 lists, and ensure that products are produced on time and of good quality.
- Perform daily review of capacity planning chart and assign resources to ensure schedule compliance.
- Work closely with other departments and agencies to continually improve products and processes to meet GMP, General Manufacturing Practices.
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures.
- Monitor production efficiencies and implement improvements where appropriate.
- Ensure employee defined preventive maintenance is completed and properly documented.
- Work with maintenance manager and scheduler to schedule maintenance and ensure equipment is well maintained.
- Track cost of quality and implement quality improvement initiatives.
- Work with Buyer/Planner on incoming raw materials and components.
- Schedule, plan and conduct Start of Shift Production Meetings for all manufacturing employees.
- Review daily labor and material issue transactions, balancing and making corrections, as well as tracking and reviewing issues with employees in a timely manner while ensuring margins are maintained.
- Manage operating costs to ensure budget is maintained.
- Review and approve employee time off requests in a timely manner ensuring ability to properly staff the facility to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at the same time
- Detail oriented
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work and participate as part of a team
- Self-managed and ability to execute at a high level with minimal supervision
EDUCATION, PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE AND SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- High school diploma
- Experience with Microsoft Windows
- Minimum of 2-years direct supervisor experience in a manufacturing facility
- Knowledge of fabricating, welding, powder coating, and assembly processes.
- Associate degree or greater in business or related field
- Experience with Global Shop business operating software
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORK CONDITIONS:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting at a computer workstation, walking and standing for extended periods, bending stooping, and lifting up to 50 lbs. Possible exposure to hazards such as noise, heavy equipment, temperature extremes, and chemicals while working in the production areas.