JOB TITLE: Quality Technician – 2nd Shift
REPORTS TO: Quality Manager
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time Exempt
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Quality Technician role at Tiffin Metal is to enforce and maintain the quality standards set forth by the Tiffin Metal Quality Management System. Various routine tasks include CPAR, RMA, inspection, root cause, problem solving, documentation verification, employee training, process development, auditing and disposition of parts and assemblies. This role requires high standards of workmanship and an understanding of the ISO 9001 standard while keeping lean manufacturing principles such as 5S in mind. Must be willing to make difficult decisions based on what is right not only for Tiffin Metal, but more importantly, our customer.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Trouble shoots various issues in an efficient manner.
- Communicate with engineering and manufacturing on production and design issues.
- Works with sales on order errors and customer complaints.
- Develop process work instructions and work with teams for process development and improvement.
- Training employees on new processes and quality standards.
- Various inspections such as 1st piece, rework, receiving, scrap, final and spot.
- Calibration of measuring equipment.
- Fixture design and inspection, such as weld fixture inspection and hole layout rework fixtures for instances where holes are missing.
- Part disposition and tracking along with inventory adjustment.
- Processes CPAR and RMA.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of TMP Quality Management System.
- Knowledge of current ISO 9001 standards.
- Knowledge of fabricating, welding, powder coating, and assembly processes.
- Proficient use of measuring equipment such as tape measure, calipers, micrometer and the ability to calibrate above equipment.
- Leadership with the ability to report negative findings when necessary while maintaining good work relations.
- Proficient blue print reading and record keeping skills.
- Problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Ability to make decisions without leadership.
EDUCATION, PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE AND SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of an associate’s degree,
- Strong written/verbal communication skills and
- 2-3 years of experience in a manufacturing or quality department.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORK CONDITIONS:
- Both office and factory settings.
- Some travel will be required.