Reports to: Operations Manager
Direct Reports: Shipping, Receiving and Warehouse Operators, all shifts
FLSA Status: Exempt
Schedule: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (may vary by the day)
This manager is responsible for all shipping, receiving and warehousing, as well as directly managing the personnel within these areas. This manager must be the thought-leader for this area of the factory, seeking to drive continuous improvement in service, quality and cost while also be willing to role model behaviors. This includes a willingness to work alongside of his direct reports when required. This manager is responsible for inventory accuracy and instituting process changes to protect and improve inventory accuracy.
Responsibilities include development and implementation of material management policies and procedures. The position requires an understanding of leading inventory management practices as well as the ability to use systems to drive efficiency improvement. This leader must be able to suggest process improvements and strengthen communication channels with other departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments to customers/outside warehouses
• Collaborate with purchasing to manage timing of inbound materials
• Use software to track, check, prioritize and process shipments
• Manage all important documents such as job packets, pick slips, bills of lading etc.
• Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
• Compiles and distributes records of unfilled orders
• Resolve issues regarding shipped orders
• Supervise the organization and cleanliness of warehouse locations
• Ensure safe operation and use of fork trucks by authorized personnel
• Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
• Collaborate with scheduling team to assure storage capabilities for peak production scenarios
• Develop shipping, receiving and warehouse operating procedures
• Process freight claims in a timely manner
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 3+ years of experience in warehouse, logistics or operations management
• Knowledge of shipping and inventory management best practices
• Ability to directly manager, supervise, train and motivate warehouse personnel
• Self-motivated and ability to “think on your feet” when working and a “can do” approach to work
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and collaborative skills
• Sound decision-making and analytical skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Experience with an enterprise wide operating system
Physical Environment/Working Conditions:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting at a computer workstation, walking and standing for extended periods, bending stooping, and lifting up to 50 lbs. Possible exposure to hazards such as noise, heavy equipment, temperature extremes, and chemicals while working in the production areas.