A person able to perform neat, sound welds in flat, horizontal, vertical positions as required, on any metal, but with proficiency in galvanized and stainless steel under minimum supervision. Requires a high degree of responsibility and a willingness and ability to assist in the performance of welding operations, under the supervision of lead welder.
- Must have knowledge of welding safety requirements and operate in a safe manner.
- Must have a complete knowledge and be proficient in the proper set up, care and use of all equipment and accessories including regulators, cables, hoses, power sources, required weld currents, size and types of welding rod, welding wire, wire feeders, guns and shielding gases used by company.
- Must have complete knowledge and be proficient in the proper set up, care and usage of all MIG weld equipment under minimum supervision.
- Shall verify and secure first piece inspection, per print, and shall be responsible for maintaining compliance and quality during production.
- Knowledge of all weld symbols and be proficient in the interpretation of prints, sketches, and routings, as supplied with work orders.
- Able to construct and work on all weld jigs and fixtures with minimum supervision.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned within equal or lesser grades.