Job Title: DESIGN ENGINEER
Reports to: ENGINEERING MANAGER
FLSA Status: FULL-TIME EXEMPT
Schedule: 7 AM – 4 PM, AND AS REQUIRED
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating and revising 2D drawings, 3D models, bills of materials and routers.
- Completes design projects, including the assembly of prototypes.
- Reviews cost and drawing requests from Sales and interprets the information into estimates and approval drawings with special regard to ease and cost of production.
- Issues Engineering Change Notices and maintains appropriate records.
- Assists in the creation of technical literature and/or user manuals.
- Acts as the first point of contact for the shop floor for any engineering related questions when assigned.
- Conducts inspections such as 1st piece, rework and final.
- Trouble shoots various issues in an efficient manner.
- Adheres to Tiffin Metal processes/procedures and Engineering drawing standards.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Proficient in Solid Edge and creating equipment programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of fabricating, welding, powder coating and assembly processes.
- Proficient use of measuring equipment such as tape measure, calipers and square.
- Proficient blue print reading and record keeping skills.
- Problem solving, root cause analysis and ability to make decisions.
Education, prior work experience and specialized skills and knowledge:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of an associate’s degree,
- Strong written/verbal communication skills and
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering department, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Physical environment/working conditions:
- Both office and factory settings.
- Some travel will be required.