Job Title: Shipping Supervisor (Second Shift)
Reports to: Shipping, Receiving and Warehouse Manager
Direct Reports: Shipping Operator
FLSA Status: Exempt
Schedule: 3:30 pm – 2:00 am (may vary by the day, or as needed)
Position Summary: The Shipping Supervisor will oversee the packaging and transfer of goods ensuring timely and safe delivery to the customer along with proper handling and stocking of incoming manufactured and purchased materials and freight claims.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate shipping/receiving schedules with Supervisors, Sales, Customers and Vendors; including material sent to and from suppliers for outside processing.
- Assign work to operators to manage activities in accordance with open order report.
- Ensure safe operation and use of equipment by authorized personnel.
- Ensure product within warehouses are properly maintained within inventory management systems.
- Help develop, train and enforce shipping and receiving operating procedures.
- Works to ensure orders are prepared and labeled for shipment in a timely manner per company or customer requirements.
- Oversee the loading and receipt of goods ensuring activities are conducted within the schedule as noted above. Any exceptions must be reviewed and approved in advance with a member of the management team.
- Verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments; including verification of products, counts, and special instructions against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records, storing these items in a designated shipping file as well as an electronic file along with photographs of the product on the carrier.
- Ensure returned product is unpack and examined for damage, rejecting damaged or shorted items and working with quality and purchasing to rectify damages and shortages in a timely manner.
- Respond to customers or shippers questions or complaints in a timely manner.
- Prepare or assist with the preparation of shipping documents and/or customs documents as needed.
- Negotiate rates with carriers ensuring the required profit margins as directed by the company are achieved.
- Route paperwork and incoming items to proper departments.