Job Title: TRAINING SPECIALIST
Department: HUMAN RESOURCES
Reports to: CFO
FLSA Status: FULL-TIME EXEMPT
Schedule: 8 AM – 5 PM
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for training employees and verifying that training was effective.
- Reports on the performance and status of the companies training processes / procedures and recommends any needs for improvement.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Communicate with managers to determine training needs and schedule training sessions.
- Design effective training programs.
- Conduct seminars, workshops, and individual training sessions personally, and where necessary, along with process specific trainers.
- Prepare educational material such as handouts, PowerPoints, videos etc.
- Support and mentor new employees.
- Keep training attendance and other records.
- Monitor employee performance and response to training.
- Conduct audits to verify competency and identify areas of improvement.
- Inspects process outputs, trends issues found during audits and adjusts training / processes accordingly in conjunction with department manager.
- Conducts annual competency verification for all employees in all departments.
- Qualify process specific trainers.
- Creates and executes plans to support business goals.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Education, prior work experience and specialized skills and knowledge:
- High School diploma, Associate’s degree, or equivalent experience is preferred
- 3+ years of business experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
Physical environment/working conditions:
- Both office and factory settings.
Equipment and Machinery used: N/A