Last updated: February 15, 2021
Tiffin Metal Products Co.™ and Tiffin Metal Products Switzerland, collectively “Tiffin Metal Products”, operates https://www.tiffinmetal.com and https://tmpswiss.com (“Websites”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of our Websites. We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Websites. By using the Websites, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
1. Protection of personal data
We use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information, taking care of its integrity and availability and avoiding its damage, loss, alteration, destruction, or unauthorized use. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or via our Websites and any transmission is at your own risk.
2. How we collect personal information
We may collect personal information about you from various interactions on our Websites. These interactions may include filling in a webform or signing-up for newsletters, catalogs, or other marketing materials.
We may also collect certain online identifiers, which may be considered personal information, through your use of our Websites. This information includes online activity information and technical information about your usage activities, to the extent that such information constitutes personal information. We may also set cookies on your web browser or use other tracking technologies when you interact with Websites, applications, or advertisements in our network. This allows us to collect certain Websites’ usage data and online identifiers which, under certain privacy regulations, may be considered personal information. However, in many cases such data may be aggregated or anonymized and may only ever be used to attempt to identify you as an individual where we have a legal basis to do so. For more information, refer to our “Cookies Notice” in section below.
3. What personal data we collect and process
Tiffin Metal Products collects several different types of personal data for various purposes. Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
4. How we use the personal data
Tiffin Metal Products uses the collected personal data for various purposes:
- To provide you with services
- To notify you about changes to our services and/or products
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To distribute marketing materials (newsletters, catalogs, etc.)
5. Legal basis for collecting and processing personal data
- Tiffin Metal Products needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given Tiffin Metal Products permission to do so
- Processing your personal data is in Tiffin Metal Products legitimate interests
- Tiffin Metal Products needs to comply with the law
6. Links to Third-Party Websites
Our Websites may also contain links to and marketing from the websites of third-parties. We have no control over the content or operation of these websites, nor do we control the confidentiality or privacy practices of the website operators. Consequently, any personal information you submit through such website is governed by the privacy policies of the website in question. It is therefore your responsibility to find out about the third-party policies to protect your personal information when visiting these third-party websites.
7. Collection of Personal Information from Minors
Our Websites are not designed or intended to attract children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect information from minors. By using our Websites, you hereby represent that you are at least the age of legal majority in your place of residence.
8. Sharing of Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to dealers and other third-party service providers. In the past, we may have disclosed to such third-parties any of the categories of personal information outlined in the above section, “What personal data we collect and process” wherever we have legal basis for such sharing. However, we endeavor to share only the minimum relevant personal information that is required to fulfill the business purpose for sharing such personal information.
We may disclose, and may have already disclosed, personal information to the following categories of third-parties:
- Our service providers - Our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors who help us provide our Websites, products and services, or manage our affiliate and business partner (e.g., dealer) relationships. This includes, for example, our dealers (and any other distributors) and shipping providers;
- Our professional advisers - including accountants, lawyers and other professional advisers that assist us in carrying out our business activities;
- Government authorities and third-parties involved in legal or regulatory action - External agencies and organizations (including the police and the relevant local authority) for the purpose of complying with applicable legal and regulatory obligations.
9. Retention of personal data
Tiffin Metal Products will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies.
10. Where we transfer your personal information
We are headquartered in the United States and we will process your personal information in the United States. Your personal information will be transferred to and stored in the United States.
If we transfer personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) we will implement appropriate and suitable safeguards to ensure that such data will be protected as required by applicable data protection law. For further information as to the safeguards we implement please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Cookies Notice
Cookie Overview and How They are Used on Our Websites
Cookies set by us on our Websites are called “first-party” cookies, used to help evaluate and enable performance and the secure functionality of our Websites. These may enable us to collect or remember certain usage data and data about your device. This may include data on website pages visited prior, during and after visiting our Websites, clicks or interactions made with the pages on our Websites, consents and preferences, time spent on our pages and date/timestamps of visits and interactions, device identifiers such as IP address or operating system type, and browser type.
We may also use “third-party” cookies, which are cookies from a website domain other than our Websites. These could be used for our Websites’ analytics, site functionality, security, and marketing efforts by sharing usage and device-related data with relevant third-parties.
Your Choices Regarding Cookies
Types of Cookies on Our Websites
We use the following types of cookies for the following purposes:
Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential for you to browse our Websites and use their intended functionality, including accessing secure areas of our Websites. These cookies cannot be opted-in or out of.
Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Websites. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around our Websites. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site.
Functional Cookies: These cookies enable the Websites to provide enhanced functionality. They may be set by us or by third-party service providers whose services we have added to our pages.
Marketing Cookies: These cookies may be set on our Websites by our advertising and marketing service providers. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other sites. They are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. This recognition is used to serve relevant adverts, links, or other information about our products and services to users visiting other websites after having previously visited our Websites or interacted with our products and services. If you consent to these cookies, you may experience targeted advertising.
Do Not Track and Third-party Tracking Disclosure
Certain mechanisms may allow you to send web browser signals, known as “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signals, indicating your choice to disable tracking on our Websites. We do not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals currently. We may not be aware of or able to honor and respond to every such mechanism. More information about “Do Not Track” is available at allaboutdnt.com.
Third-parties, other than our service providers (such as our Websites’ analytics provider), do not have authorization from us to track which website you visited prior to and after visiting our Websites. That said, we cannot control third-party tracking and there may be some third-party tracking that occurs without our knowledge or consent.
12. Privacy rights
If you are an EU Resident, you may have certain rights in relation to the personal information we have collected about you. These rights are not absolute and do not apply in all cases. We will never discriminate against or provide discriminatory treatment to any individuals exercising their privacy rights under applicable regulations. If we are not able to meet your privacy rights request, we will explain why, and provide details of any further action you may take.
Your privacy rights are detailed below:
- Right of Access: You may have the right to make a request for details of your personal information and a copy of that personal information.
- Right to Rectification: You may have the right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed.
- Right to Erasure: You may have the right to have certain personal information about you deleted from our records.
- Right to Restrict: You may have the right to ask us to use your personal information for certain restricted or specified purposes only.
- Right to Object: You may have the right to object to us collecting, using, sharing, or storing (collectively “processing”) your personal information in certain cases.
- Right to Data Portability: You may have the right to ask us to transfer your personal information to another company or individual in a computer-readable format.
- Rights in Relation to Automated Decision Making: You may have the right to not be subject to automated decision making, or the right to have a manual review of the decision, as well as be informed of information regarding the logic used to make any automated decisions.
To make a request related to the above privacy rights, please contact us via email at email@example.com, providing us with details on the request type you wish to make.
Alternatively, privacy rights requests can be initiated through our office’s toll-free phone number at 800-537-0983 or + 41 26 425 40 40.
EU Residents have the right to complain to the relevant data protection authority where you think we have not used your personal information or met your rights in accordance with relevant data protection law. You can find the contact information for the EU Data Protection Authorities here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.